My mission as head of the Buildings and Grounds Department is to provide a safe and clean environment for our teaching staff and most of all our students.
The Buildings and Grounds Department maintains 29,621 square feet of building space and 20,762 square feet of grounds, while preserving its mechanical and electrical equipment, and systems. We provides timely, problem-free services to ensure the district's facilities and grounds continued operation in a safe, clean, healthy and secure environment. The Buildings and Grounds Department’s services operate in the most cost effective way possible while still maintaining a superior facilities appearance.
The primary objective of the department is to provide an acceptable environment in which the district can accomplish its mission.
My functions as Facilities Manger include:
- Maintain and coordinate programs for the operation, maintenance, improvement, safety and security of buildings, grounds and related equipment.
- Extend the life of the facility.
- Reduce operating interruptions and equipment and structural failures.
- Reduce and eliminate fire and safety hazards.
- Direct district buildings and grounds services.
- Maintain and coordinate a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain an energy management program.
- Set guidelines, standards and procedures to ensure quality performance of the custodial staff.
- Make scheduled inspections of all facilities to evaluate the quality of housekeeping, maintenance and safety programs.
- Coordinate the testing of products and maintain standard specifications for maintenance and custodial supplies and equipment.
- Review requests for and assist in the development of approved remodeling projects.
- Develop, coordinate and administer an ongoing facilities improvement program.
- Represent the district in dealing with architects, engineers and contractors.
- Maintain and coordinate safety programs.
- Set up for all school events.
- Prepare and administer maintenance, operation, and other program budgets as assigned by the District Board of Education.
- Perform any and all other duties prescribed by the District Administrator and/or Board Members.