IT DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems that include; desktop PC’s, Chromebooks, servers, network routers, gateways, switches, and software applications.
- Monitor and maintain the use of the scanners, copiers and printers.
- Develops, maintains and monitors procedures for all server backups.
- Monitors, plans, and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Makes recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and works with various vendors for procurement.
- Perform on-site and remote technical support.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Provide network and desktop support to all users.
- Designs, installs, upgrades, configures, and repairs local and wide area network hardware and infrastructure.
- Installs and tests computers and related network hardware in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Oversee network and server configuration maintenance and management
- Ensuring data is backed up on a regular basis using Backup Exec software
- Overseeing computer security, filters and anti-virus updates etc
- Carrying out client computer maintenance. Proved IT support to computer users throughout the school.
Our schools recent IT upgrades include 1:1 Chromebooks for students Second - Eighth Grade, students in grades five - eight are permitted to take their Chromebooks home. They are using the latest ASUS C202SA YS02 with 4 GB of RAM, HD Graphics, Bluetooth and these Chromebooks are built to take a beating with a drop height of five feet.